90843 Demonstrate understanding of the internal operations of a large business
NZNZRegular price $14.95
This course covers the things you'll need to know and be able to do for achievement standard 90843.
In it you'll find answers to questions like:
- What organisational structures might a large business have, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each (tall, flat, matrix, shamrock)?
- What is involved in the production process for goods and services (job, batch, flow, lean production, productivity and efficiency, economies of scale, capacity issues)?
- What are the various roles of managers and leaders and what skills would each possess (difference between managers and leaders, leadership styles)?
- What financial information assists management with decision making (importance of budgets, variance analysis, monthly revenue and cost reports)?
- What is the need for and importance of policies and procedures?
- What is corporate social responsibility, and what are the costs and benefits of this?
How you'll learn
People learn in different ways. Now we'll describe some of the ways you can learn and interact with the materials in this course.
Self-paced learning – the material is set up so you can learn at your own pace. So, although there are 'suggested' times for each page, they're just a guideline. Plan your learning to suit you.
Practice activities – throughout this course there are short activities. These activities are for you, not for someone to mark them. These activities give you a great chance to practice what you've learned and compare your answer to the model feedback. Look at the feedback carefully to see if you have missed out any aspects from your answer.
Submitting photos – sometimes people find it easier to scribble down a diagram or show their working with pen and paper. No problem! You can still store all your working and diagrams with the activity. That way you'll be able to refer back to your answers when you're revising. Simply take a photo of your work and upload it with the relevant activity.