90932 (90945) Carbon chemistry
NZNZRegular price $14.95
This course covers the things you'll need to know and be able to do for achievement standard 90932.
In it you'll find answers to questions like:
- What are the structures and properties of alkanes and alkenes?
- What are ethene and propene?
- What is polymerisation?
- What is the solubility of alkanes and alkenes in water; are they combustible?
- What are the structures and properties of alcohols?
- What are methanol and ethanol?
- How are carbon-containing compounds produced; what are their uses?
- What are the uses of alcohols?
- How is methanol extracted from natural gas?
- How does the process of fermentation work to produce ethanol?
- How are polymers extracted from ethene and propene?
- What are the effects of combustion products on human health and the environment?
How you'll learn
People learn in different ways. Now we'll describe some of the ways you can learn and interact with the materials in this course.
Self-paced learning – the material is set up so you can learn at your own pace. So, although there are 'suggested' times for each page, they're just a guideline. Plan your learning to suit you.
Practice activities – throughout this course there are short activities. These activities are for you, not for someone to mark them. These activities give you a great chance to practice what you've learned and compare your answer to the model feedback. Look at the feedback carefully to see if you have missed out any aspects from your answer.
Submitting photos – sometimes people find it easier to scribble down a diagram or show their working with pen and paper. No problem! You can still store all your working and diagrams with the activity. That way you'll be able to refer back to your answers when you're revising. Simply take a photo of your work and upload it with the relevant activity.